Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why Chicago will forever be in my heart


I came to Chicago this June excited to embark on a new journey. Mind you I’ve zigzagged across the world spending three-months in the picturesque Dolomite Mountains of Italy, made a pit-stop in the Rainy City and somehow landed this amazing gig in Chicago.
I was selected as one of eight journalism graduates for the prestigious Academy of Alternative Journalism housed at Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism. My summer in Chicago has made me a stronger person: I survived a mugging, I broke some metaphorical bricks and I gained the trust of a former drug dealer. I also made some amazing friends who reminded me why my heart is in the right place and profession.

This is why I love reporting:

Shout-out to Tito- The sweet Mexican man at the front desk who said all this hard work would pay off someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment