Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ahhhh the life of a temp


What a busy and random week! I'm been on my hustle and grind working the illustrious life of an office temp. I know there is a negative stigma attached to being a temp, but I love the unpredictabilty of it all. I mean you're here one day and gone the next. I've worked for some great organizations- answering phones, printing 400 pieces of paper (only to realize I forgot to print it double-sided) and conducting political surveys on corrupt politicians in Jersey. I've had the phone (closed) hung up on me probably 500 times this week. But I don't take it personally. As someone once said, "It builds character."

I am now an expert at copier paper jams and thinking of creative ways to spend five hours of my life. Last week, I read the New York Times, USA Today and wrote an opinion column on "why it sucks to be a young reporter." I also separated the colored paper clips from the regular ones. jk.

I can't wait until next week--all the adventures. Btw- The season premiere of The Office wasn't that impressive.

1 comment: